The Waisman Laboratory for Brain Imaging & Behavior is a state-of-the-art facility dedicated to affective and cognitive neuroscience research with brain imaging. The laboratory includes:
- a 3T MR scanner dedicated solely to research;
- extensive visual, auditory and gustatory stimulation capabilities with online eye-tracking during MR scans;
- a PET scanner;
- a microPET scanner;
- a scanning simulation room with a mock scanner;
- a tandem accelerator to support the PET scanners;
- a 256 channel EEG facility for stand-alone and combined electrical and hemodynamic imaging studies; and
- dedicated computing facilities.
The lab currently is home to faculty with expertise in neuroscience and psychology, physics and statistics. In addition, the lab includes trained personnel to facilitate imaging studies. The lab is a joint venture of the Waisman Center and the HealthEmotions Research Institute.